LinkedIn is a plethora of "today was my last day" and I need to call them out.
The shock of it brings FEAR.
The questions of what's next?
How am I going to pay my bills?
What will my family think about me?
Will my friends still want to be my friend?
All those missed birthdays, holidays, special events and I get walked out like a criminal?
Comfort goes to the familiar. So when someone or something disrupts that "routine" it's natural for our mind to flee into "JARRBish" (y'all know I love acronyms)
We fall for that because it's easier to dwell in our "JARRBish" than actually face our reality.
- NO BOSS EXCEPT YOURSELF
- COMPLETE TASK LISTS
- VISIT FAMILY
- HANG WITH FRIENDS
- TAKE THAT VACATION
- MEETING FREE
- TURN THAT "HOBBY" INTO A BUSINES
- FINDING YOUR WHY
- FEEDING YOUR CALLING
- SEEING YOUR PURPOSE
But HOW do I do that?
- Read. Read a lot. ( send me an email and I can help with a list)
- Look around and see what you do without being asked.
- What brings a smile to you no matter what occurs?
- Ask your family and true friends for brutal honesty
- Start a journal. The Good. The Bad, The Ugly.
- Get outside. Walk. Breathe.
- Pray. Pray more, Talk to GOD.
Your mind will lie to you if you let it. Choose to be FREE.
TODAY IS YOUR FIRST DAY; IT WASN'T YOUR LAST.
(If you or know of someone who needs to talk - my number is 832.848.0776 )