Did you just get RIF'd or know someone whom did? If so, I have some more shocking news.
YOU ARE NOT YOUR JOB !
- You didn't lose your talent.
- You didn't lose your time.
- You didn't lose family or friends.
You lost a title, business card, structure, and some Benjamins.
So what now ?
- Spend some time with those that matter most.
- Call you mom! Better yet take her to dinner.
- Be better not bitter.
- Take a long walk, breathe, look at everything around you.
- Work a 40 hour week networking and making personal touches (don't enjoy it too much) or you might become use to that 'short work week.'
In the oil and gas world we can and mostly do become our work; It's our identity because it's all we have known. But it has never loved you back. Always remember that.
Let's all comment/post to encourage each other. Share stories. Connect. Meet Up. Start a company. Find a company.
Remember YOU ARE NOT YOUR JOB.